more_vert

Server. 1
did this server shut down yet or what?
EVERYTIME I log in 0 players are online lolz

[Image: DabLoads.png]You guys changed my life,
Thanks Necrotic Community❤️

RE: Server. 2
tl;dr
  • The project doesn't make a lot of money.
  • Necrotic will live without money, but we won't be able to buy ads.
  • Have been short on time recently - job, college, etc.

Necrotic has always been a project largely unreliable on income. Hosting is cheap. I do not make much money for my time developing (my only idiosyncratic charge to the server is a netflix sub). Purchases are reinvested into the project. As such, having a slow/rough period isn't enough to kill the project.

In August, we spent our advertising budget but did not get adequate returns. It was our least successful advertisement period, and was a financial failure.
Since then, we've been accumulating funds from purchases to afford more advertisements.

Even while developing full time, I didn't come close to making minimum wage.
As a result, I needed to find more stable work, which has led to less time for Necrotic.
On top of that, I'm a college student, and live with all the related engagements.
These cumulatively have recently deprived Necrotic of my excess time.

Lastly, in a hypothetical situation where I personally was not able to continue the project, I would absolutely release the code.

RE: Server. 3
So what does thus mean for the server? Will it still remain up? Or when it dies....it dies?

RE: Server. 4
I paid for another year of hosting in February, but do not currently have any updates planned.

RE: Server. 5
I applaud you for sticking with it for as long as you have, Crimson. You must have zero free time with all the engagements you described and that's tough. I hope something changes for the better during this year.

RE: Server. 6
I have released the source code to this project and do not plan any further updates, unfortunately.
The project was great while it lasted.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information Server Events! Higurashi 6 5,083 05-14-2017, 12:26 PM
Last Post: Crimson