Thank you to everyone who has played my server. You've literally paid for my college degree in Computer Science, and gave me a reason to continue the project as long as I have. 2 YEARS BABY!
While I feel it is time for me to move on, and focus on the future; I hope someone can learn from my project, as I've learned from other releases.
Ruse was attractive because it came with content out of the box.
I would honestly say there's a lot of shit code in this release (like most releases), but lets face it - you don't care.
Thank you to the community of Rune-Server as well. You've served as a great resource of knowledge.
Necrotic was a development of the Ruse source.
Here is our (old) advertisement thread.
I have decided to release this because I do not currently plan further developments on the project.
Full Package, Cache + Client + Server + Media: .torrent
↪ Server Features ↩
Teleport interface & w/ history
Ironman, UIM Modes.
Bank [x], all-but-one
Achievements with Rewards
Ironman specific shops
Custom Items/models (Ecumenical Key)
Fixed, Resizeable, or Fullscreen modes
Custom, unique clue scroll system
Achievements with Rewards
FULL Fletching + Enchanting
Unique (toggleable) walking animations
Boss slayer tasks
Convenient skilling plots
Jewelcrafting & enchanting
Well of Good Will
Unique skilling areas
Custom Clanchat Color
Returning lost pets
Right-click summoning orb
[SPOILER=A lot of older Screenshots/Gifs]
Swiffy - Ruse Release. Never talked to the guy, but he's the reason this exists.
Hitten (contracted) - Created our sick-ass interfaces. I HIGHLY recommend this man. Our teleport interface is truly beautiful. Permission to release obtained.
Deku (forum contributor) - Ground Item Snippit was implemented. Thank you!
Higurashi (player) - Helped us with NPC related spawns, definitions, and other odd jobs.
TwinkyRS - Ex-Developer/Founder. Responsible for almost all of our early client development, worked on server content, and more.
Kilik312 (from tribot) - Ex-Developer/Founder. Worked on server content, customs, and more.
Crimson/Necrotic - Me. Developer/Owner (always hated that title though). Ran the server solo after the other two developers resigned. Jack of all trades, master of none. :penguin:
Two major influences on the game have both resigned from our staff team since the last update.
Brandon has left the development team. He plans to occasionally check in, but focus on other things. I wish my long time partner success, and stability.
Ned has left the staff team too, for reasons beyond our reach. Ned has been one of our most dedicated staff for a long time, and I wish him the best.
As a reminder to all unfamiliar, we have existed on this system before, and I am comfortable with it. We are still in the process of fully transitioning into a single-developer update cycle. Updates
will be pushed out with increased consistency moving forward. I suppose this means we're accepting staff applications again, too.
Finally, on a personal note - thank you all. It's still amazing to see the amount of support from the community. We're not going anywhere.
• Major lag optimizations.
• Support for the "#" character when using ::setyellhex, which previously caused issues.
• Changed the value of spirit shields in relation to ancient nex gear. Divine > Ely > Nex Body > Nex Legs > Nex Helm
• Removed "Crawling hand" item drop from Crawling hand's drop table.
• Barrows no longer spams "You manage to continue your clue".
• Edibles; King Worm, Toad Legs, Bread.
• Added "Implemented" subsection to "approved" subsection in suggestions.
• Pickpocketing NPCs! With their proper loot tables.
• Stun system, implemented with thieving.
• Watermelon seeds added to Farming skill shop for non-iron players.
• Improved PvP error logging to be more aggressive.
• Improved efficiency, and reduced redundancy of engine.
• Improved assigning of salts for hashing.
• Logging of players & gambling improved.
• Improved PlayerLoading for "old" character files.
• Modular hashing system.
Hi everyone, it's been a while since we've done an official announcement, and I'd like to take the opportunity to create this one.
What has happened;
• Brandon has resigned as developer. I will be continuing as lead developer/owner. Our update schedule will likely increase because of this change.
• Brandon will remain part of staff for the time being, at least until I return on Wednesday.
• Ned has returned to the staff team, as his previous role - Moderator.
• $300 advertisement is currently live on Rune-Locus.
Here's what I have in mind;
• YouTuber Rank & Incentives
• Superior Slayer Monsters
• Mithril Seeds (Flowers for gambling)
We're not going anywhere!
Crimson & Necrotic Staff Team